November 28, 2010

Goal Report #8

Guess what? This is the very last goal report before our little girl makes her grand entrance into the world! At least we hope. With the way things have been going the last 3 or 4 days, I'm not entirely sure this pregnancy will EVER end. I've been having some pretty regular contractions- a few intense (but not painful!)-ones. We even went in to L & D on Friday night per order of the after-hours nurse for our clinic. Sadly, I was told after observation that while I was having contractions (yes, I knew that) and was in labor (as early as it may or may not have been), I didn't progress enough during my hour to stay. So what have I been doing the last 2 days? Having more contractions, not sleeping all that well and being utterly unmotivated to do anything. Well, I did ask the cat to clean up after herself in the bathroom but that didn't happen. Don't judge my goals for this week too harshly, please. At least we got most of my goals for last week accomplished.


Goals from last week: 
  • Be better about taking & accurately recording my blood sugar levels: I haven't been asked for levels so I've been taking a couple reference levels a day. My arm is bruised from all the pokes- it needs a break! 
  • Edit my annotated bibliography: Yup. Turned it in on Tuesday and then headed to see the doctor. 
  • Turn in bibliography: Check
  • Edit my paper topic: Check
  • Spend some time on Friday writing my paper: Glad I only made the goal of "some" time. I did spend an hour or so rewriting my thesis and being distracted by contractions. Check. 
  • Attempt to stay ahead of laundry: I made an attempt. Craig helped. We have clean laundry. 
  • Find envelopes that will fit the cards I've made: Craig picked out black. Check. 
  • Address above mentioned cards: collected addresses, no labels yet. Maybe this week. 
  • Finish Christmas preparations: So stinkin' close! We were going to get a gift card to our favorite taco restaurant,  Pastorero, for Bryan for Christmas (my brother who lives here and is going to UVU) but they've gone out of business!! I am heartbroken. Seriously. 
  • Make packing list for going to Connecticut. We leave in 18 days. Yes, I have a list. Yes, the list will likely change BUT I have it and having it makes me feel better. 
  • 30 second clips of this years "Pass & Review" concert for CMB: DONE!!! Not only are they done, they're also online for Bro. Mac to listen to and approve. Aaah. I like getting things done. 

Goals for this week: 
  • Teach 90 seconds of choreography (4 hours... 90 seconds...I think that might be reasonable)
  • Take 3 stats quizzes
  • Survive last full week of classes-no idea what that means but it sounds like a good goal
  • Start packing for Connecticut? (I don't know if this is even really possible, but we'll see)
  • Finish Christmas for last couple family members
  • Have a baby

4 comments:

  1. Final goal. Have a baby. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last baby waited until daddy was totally finished with the semester. Last exam, daddy came home took the other kiddoes to the pool so I could rest and I laid down, baby water broke. So nice to have daddy home and at peace to help. Maybe your little one is related to her daddy and just letting you get the school work done so you can enjoy her completely. Or maybe not lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's coming this week, there's no doubt about that. We won't be making it to her due date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then there was my first, who upon hearing her daddy say, "The baby can come anytime except between 11 and 2 on Thursday, (during the only final he had that semester) decided to be born at 11:02. On Thursday. During her daddy's final exam. Which he almost missed. Lesson learned? Never throw down the gauntlet to a child, born or not. They will surely pick it up!

    ReplyDelete