November 7, 2010

Goal Report #5

Report #5... wow. 5 Seems like a lot. Our little one is due in 29 days and I still have so much to get done. Not just with my projects at home or attempting to get ahead (and staying ahead) of the normal never-ending house items but also with school. Papers, projects, midterms ah! I'm sure I'll miss it all someday but from my perspective now, I just can't wait for it to be done. Anywho, on to my goal report for last week:


  • Pick a paper topic for what may be my last major paper in college: Done and done! I'm going to be writing about gender roles, reversal & confusion based on "A Midsummer Nights Dream" and "As You Like It" (yes, this is for my Shakespeare class)
  • Outline paper (rough/basic): I have my main questions picked and ready to be "juiced"
  • Start my annotated bibliography: I currently have 8 of the 12 required sources completed. I would like to finish those and get going on the paper, though.
  • Have blocking and basic choreography written for first 30 seconds of winter guard routine: I know what I want but this really wasn't a goal I should have set before knowing how many people I'm going to have to work with. Instead, I did all of the other paper work for the season I could. 
  • Hold winter guard auditions: This was postponed until tomorrow (Monday) after school. 
  • Get a good set of recordings at the BYU game: Yup- done and done! And Craig got to help again. 
  • Get a lot of the video time-coding done for the BYU band: The entire hard drive I was given has been sorted through, organized and contents listed in a google doc excel spread sheet. 
A couple other things from this week...
  • I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. This wasn't planned and sort of slowed my paper-writing progress. 
  • I started working on (and finished!) several Christmas presents. We're on a very tight Christmas budget but still wanted to do something so they're creative and made with lots of love. After we give them to our families after Thanksgiving, I'll post pictures. Wouldn't want to ruin any little surprises! 
  • Finish sewing car seat cover TODAY. As in, this afternoon. So close!
Goals for this week...
  • Guard auditions Monday
  • Write 30 seconds of work (and teach on Wednesday)
  • Get directors book put together
  • Finish (& submit early for review) my annotated bibliography
  • Write half of my rough draft (round about 1,000 words)
  • Try, again, to get the house cleaning things done

1 comment: