November 14, 2010

Goal Report #6

It is here. Week 6 (or is it technically 7? Oh, who cares.) We have accomplished all of the things on my original "to-do before baby is born" list but it's still nice to make weekly goals. It has been a mostly productive week...what I can remember of it! I am having some serious memory issues right now! Thankfully, I have my goals from last week posted and can just refer back to them. Isn't that great that we can do that? Well, I think so. 
  • Guard auditions Monday: Auditions are done, we've had two good rehearsals including a 5-hour gym blocking rehearsal! As of right now, we have a solid team of 9 with another boy wanting to join tomorrow. We'll just see how things go for him at rehearsal. 
  • Write 30 seconds of work (and teach on Wednesday): Actually, the team learned 45 seconds of choreography. Is it clean? No, but it's functional. 
  • Get directors book put together. This is an on-going process but I would certainly say this is a goal thoroughly accomplished. 
  • Finish (& submit early for review) my annotated bibliography: Done and submitted to my professor for review. I'm still waiting for some feedback but I'm pretty confident in how things are going with it right now. 
  • Write half of my rough draft (round about 1,000 words): I didn't get this going since I haven't gotten my paper topic/opening paragraph feedback back yet. I did notice something, however. My annotated bibliography is almost 2,000 words which is the required length of my final paper. I'm feeling much less worried about getting this done in a timely manner. 
  • Try, again, to get the house cleaning things done: This is never really done but we had clean laundry, clean kitchen, clean fridge and sparkling clean bathroom. 
A few other things of note from the week: 
  • Casey, baby Amelie and I went for a nice, long walk in the mall. That contributed to feeling great from being up and moving, getting a good nights sleep and some mild contractions. 
  • I ate solid food! My mouth is still sensitive, but I can at least chew most foods with my molars. 
  • We had "pie-day Friday" in my Shakespeare class. I had to slip out early to get grandpa to a dentist appointment, but it was still quite glorious, nonetheless. 
  • I got the car seat cover finished! I've only had the material for months and it's not like it's exactly difficult to sew but it's done now!
  • Designed and somehow made a funny little pacman birthday cake for Kirk
  • Had a fun "dinner date" with Grandpa on Friday night since Craig had work. I like our outings- especially the ones that involve sitting and hearing fabulous stories over food. (Their dinner the day they got married was at a KFC/IBC  in Idaho. As a result, that's where they liked to go for dates. Good draft IBC rootbeer!) 
  • Bryan came with grandpa, Craig & I to Brick Oven- thanks for the suggestion, Andrew Charles!- on Saturday night. Grandpa ordered a big pitcher of rootbeer. When it was nearly empty, grandpa asked the server to refill it. She said she was sorry, that it couldn't be refilled. Grandpa's response with a straight face: "Sure it can! Just put it right in the top!" It was incredibly funny. Perhaps you just had to be there. 

Goals for this week: 
  • Study for, take and pass my final stats "midterm." I have this test and then the final exam left! 
  • Submit-officially- my topic/opening paragraph for Shakespeare 
  • Get my other class assignments for the week done early
  • Teach 1 minute of routine for WG
  • Get eligibility form signed by administration 
  • Go on a fabulous little "weekend away" with Craig
  • Record at our last home BYU football game!

2 comments:

  1. Grandpa sounds like a riot! Bryan had such a fun time with you guys; he says he and grandpa have the same dry sense of humor. Good grief... Glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig has repeatedly said that if anyone thinks grandpa has "lost it" they just haven't been around at a meal time. :)

    ReplyDelete