September 5, 2014

Life isn't supposed to be all sunshine and giggling babies but dang, some days! I've been going nonstop for the last 14 1/2 hours. My house is pretty darn clean, many loads of laundry & dishes done, tomato sauce made and canned, apple sauce made & canned. Naan & chicken tikka masala made from scratch so we could have a tasty "fancy" Friday night dinner right when Craig walked in. All 4 children were dressed, had clean faces & behinds, fixed hair and ready for the day before time to leave for preschool. Sophie even had matching shoes AND her library book to return. We had scripture & prayer time. Olivia WANTED to do the laundry. We read books, played with the babies, fed them 12 times, had homemade pesto pizzas together. Sophie and I spent some quiet time together while Olivia napped. The kitchen was cleaned & dishes done AGAIN while Craig took the big girls for ice cream. Floors were swept again, babies fed again, toilet cleaned again (...potty training). And guess what? No one gives a damn. Not a single person.

Shoes were left all over by the front door. Diapers thrown (yes, thrown) in random places, toys dropped in the middle of the room, snack items left where ever, dirty clothes that need stain spray and soaking left mess side down on the carpet and the list goes on. I take care of all of this crap every day yet somehow I'm still the bad guy. How dare I complain? Why do I think someone else should share the responsibility? What do you mean I'm being irrational when I expect people to see the mess they've created and actually do something about it?! And gosh darn it, when is MY weekend?

Obviously not now. I have two unhappy babies and apparently I'm the only one who can fix that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment