September 7, 2014

September Saturday & Sunday

It's only 1:00 but it has already proved to be an eventful Sunday. It would seem that hair loss: twin edition, has begun. When I got up this morning, I was certainly not planning on spending an hour and a half just trying to get my hair brushed through. The hair loss has contributed to mass amounts of (painful!) snarls and tangles. Even Sophie and Olivia's extra strength hair detangler could only do so much. Luckily, that's done and we were able to get everybody dressed fixed fed and to church on time. Olivia had a total and complete meltdown in the whole minute it takes to drive to church because her seat was not buckled in the order that she needed it buckled. Olivia and I spent probably the first 20 minutes of sacrament meeting outside under a tree where she had her very own temper tantrum show. She had a surprisingly large audience. Mostly grandmas and parents of younger kids who seem to understand and just kept on going.

By the time Olivia was calm down, the babies decided they were hungry. Sacrament meeting was too close to being over for me to want to start feeding the babies, so I ended up just coming home intending to feed them and go back with Craig. I am extremely happy I made that choice now as Evelyn had a total and complete explosive diaper just a few minutes after I walked in the door. If I had been at church, we would have had a car seat full of poop and a messy, unhappy, hungry child and no way to effectively clean it up. Just a few minutes after I got Evelyn all cleaned up, I was getting ready to nurse and pump. I was fine but just a little hungry one minute in the next my blood sugar had dropped like crazy. I was shaking, my heart was racing, I was dizzy and I felt like I was going to pass out. I have had problems with hypoglycemia in the past, but I haven't had an episode like this in a long time. I downed two granola bars, a big glass of milk, and a cheese stick before sitting down to feed Evelyn and munch on some peanuts. I still feel a little off now, even about 40 minutes later but I don't feel like I'm going to pass out anymore. I guess I need to be more aware of making sure I have snacks between my main meals and checking on the balance of protein and carbs again.

Let's talk a little bit about yesterday. We did get up and get going in the morning which was very nice. I always have much better days when we get going earlier in the day. We decided to head over to the Mapleton farmers market to check out the produce that they had. We got a 25 pound box of fresh peaches, a big cup of fresh raspberries, a BYU hair clip for Sophie, and some hot peppers for Craig for $19. I had made applesauce on Friday evening and I had been hoping to find some inexpensive fresh, local apples at the farmers market, too. There weren't any of the little Mapleton farmers market so we decided to go down to Spanish Fork. That was quite the impressive market. While we were there we ended up getting some giant delicious onions which were made into soup for dinner, fresh pineapple salsa, some fresh local honey, and a giant box of apples. When we got home, Craig made lunch while Sophie and I got going on the applesauce. We were able to make several jars of delicious homemade sauce. I really enjoy canning and making our own things. Sometimes it is less expensive to just buy things at the store, but it's important to me to know how to do these things and to teach our girls how to do them, too.

I don't know what's going on with my back, but it was pretty ouchie yesterday. After I got Olivia laying down to rest and The applesauce going on the stove, I hopped in the tub. I would've liked to of gotten more canning done yesterday but I just couldn't handle being on my feet that much. Craig used the onions he had bought at the farmers market to make some delicious French onion soup for dinner. We decided that we would take the girls swimming at the rec center after they ate dinner. It was a nice change as I got in the pool with them or Craig set out with the babies this time. Sometimes I wonder if Sophie is part fish! You seriously put her life jacket on she ran and jumped in the pool and just swam happily around until we left an hour later. I'm hoping we can take them swimming more often.

It's about 1:20 now and Evelyn is done eating. I think I will go start working on lunch. Uncle Jeffy is supposed to come over and join us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment