September 9, 2014

Another Monday

The babies did it again! Between five and 5 1/2 hours of sleep! But for some reason, I am extra tired this morning. I don't particularly care for waking up in the morning and being in tears because I want to nap so badly. I doubt that will happen today. Maybe I can at least get to sleep a little earlier.

last night, I had a follow-up visit for some medication I'm on for postpartum depression. I'll talk about that another time. So he decided she wanted to go with me and so she got dressed after dinner and was my doctor visit buddy. I have two doctors that I like to see and they are both women. Sophie has decided that being a doctor sounds pretty darn good! One time when we were in the car going somewhere we asked her what kind of doctor she wanted to be. We talked about all the different kinds of doctors that there are. Podiatrist who help people like daddy with bad feet, dentist to help people with their teeth, optomologists who help people with their eyes, OBs who help mommies have babies, pediatricians who help babies, and so on. She decided working with mommies and babies sounded extra good! Anyway, we went to my doctor appointment and she took her toy stethoscope with her. Haley, who is the doctor that I see, was just tickled to see that she had brought her stethoscope, new what it was for, and how to use it. She talk to Sophie about all the different things in the office and then had her use her real stethoscope to listen to my heart and lungs. She got quite a kick out of that. On our way home, Sophie & I stopped to share a little cup of ice cream. Sophie enjoys getting to go on solo mommy or daddy dates- this certainly wasn't the most exciting day ever but she seem to thoroughly enjoy having my undivided attention and a little cup of chocolate ice cream. When we got home I asked Olivia if she would like to go on a mommy date tomorrow night and Sophie got a little upset. "Are you going to take her to get ice cream too!?" Yes, Sophie. Sorry ;)

Earlier in the day yesterday was pretty crazy. Starting with getting Sophie to preschool with everyone else in the car. Is a little trickier to get everything going in the morning since I burned some fingers pretty good Sunday night finishing up our canning project. After dropping Sophie off a couple minutes late, we rushed home to get ready for music class. That proved to be fairly difficult since Olivia had a total and complete meltdown complete with crying fit for over two hours. I'm surprised I still have ANY students after that exhibition.

Everyone is up now. I suppose I'll come back and talk about our exciting band rehearsal in the small upstairs gym later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment