June 5, 2011

Oh. My. Gosh. (For Serious Sophie Fans Only)

So, in the last 10 days, Sophie has cut not one, but two teeth, gotten a kitten named Herkimer (very entertaining to watch the babies try to understand why they can't really play together) and discovered that being mobile (and FAST) is both fun and has the added bonus of making mommy and daddy really uptight about silly things. "NO, Sophie. Don't get into the cat food!" "Sophie, grass is not for eating!" "Didn't we put you on your back on your playmat in the other room 2 minutes ago?" "Sophie, please stop trying to pull chairs over on yourself. Thanks." 

To recap: 

Sophie can bite
Sophie can army crawl (two arms and a pushing leg)
Sophie enjoys putting EVERYTHING in her mouth
Sophie is not the smallest (welcome) living thing in the house anymore
Sophie LOVES to squeal, say "mamamama" and "a-bah" and the occassional "uh-boo" 
Sophie has discovered that playing peek-a-boo with your skirt is oh-s--fun
Sophie loves to video chat with The Connecticut Grandparents and show off her new skills
Sophie is all smiles almost all the time and is the cutest baby we've ever had. Oh, and we love her a lot. 

Below you can enjoy the Sunday Morning Funnies (compliments of Sophie and Herkimer.) Sophie's daddy was asleep the whole time. Extra points for spotting the sleeping daddy! 

"I see you!" 
"I'm getting closer"
"I got you!"
"No, I got you!"
"Oh, no! She caught us again!"
"I'm gettin' outta here!" "Hey!" 
"Maybe if I look cute, I won't get in trouble."

3 comments:

  1. WE are total sophie fans!!! Can't wait to see her and you very soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie asked me today when she might get to see sweet baby James again. We should get together soon!

    ReplyDelete