May 29, 2011

Finally- an update!

My window box of petunias.
This is on the window on my garage.

It has been three weeks since I've posted (holy cow...) and SO much has happened since that last ode to Mother's Day.  Let's see if I can get it all in here.


12th- we got a call from Aunt Joyce (our fabulous real estate agent) informing us that we were going to be able to close the following week. -For real this time.

My favorite room in the house.
I have so much space to cook!
13th- We got the keys to our new house and I was able to start cleaning and prepping for our moving day. Craig's mom came to help and brought a picnic lunch. It was easier getting things done with some help! After a looong day of cleaning, we went out to eat with grandpa and then went back to his house to continue with the packing and moving day prep. Oh, we also received a message that night that the truck we had reserved online was not going to be available. We were not happy. Craig fixed it.
Kitty obviously didn't want to move

14th- Sophie went to play with Aunt Erin and her cousins at about 8:15, Craig picked up the truck (from a different company) and the fun began. Some of our amazing friends showed up to help us load and go. Craig's brother Kirk, his dad, Alex, Neil and Katharine (thank you for keeping me sane!) came to help us load in Provo. In Mapleton, a few of my students and their siblings joined in the unloading as well as the band director I work with (Chris.) Lunch at Brick Oven and then Britney's baby shower. Crazy busy day.

15th- Went to our last Sunday in the Edgemont 9th ward and taught primary the last time there. Loaded up more things at grandpa's (including the cat) and headed back to Mapleton to try to get a little more settled.

16th-20th Unpacking, cleaning, guard. One big blur, really.

Caprese salad and
monogrammed sugar cookies
Chicken Salad
Croissants & Raspberry Lemonade
21st- Catered a bridal shower thrown by Cecilia for one of her high school friends. It turned out lovely! Oh, we also got a car, went to the monthly Peterson gathering, got a couch from one of my sisters friends, a dining set from my sister and made sushi cookies. We looove sushi.
Not a flattering picture,
but you get the idea.

22nd-29th- Guard practices, leadership meeting with my new captain/asst., more moving in, painting, spent some time with Katharine, planted a garden & window box, learned that not all clients are kind, read all of the bold print or understand the concept of having to pay for things if they want them. I also cut my hair off. It was driving me nuts and I couldn't get it to do anything outside of a pony tail. I'll post a better picture sometime soon. Oh, and redid the catering blog. Hopefully it's a little more user-friendly now.  Feedback would be appreciated.

Up this week:
Summer band camp, lots of ward activities and catering a wedding reception in Tremonton. Keep sending your friends my way!

3 comments:

  1. Can a haircut make you look thinner? If so, yours DEFINITELY narrows your face (not like a ton because you obviously did look plenty skinny already but still) anyway, LOVE IT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if we could just figure out how to make my nose look a little less... like a witch? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new house! I love your haircut I have the same one right now! As always everything you get done is amazing!

    ReplyDelete