May 7, 2011

Lovely Saturday!

It's just a generally happy day!  The morning started off with baking and decorating (just with some lilac colored roses) a sheet cake and heading over to Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's. (Craig's grandparents.) We spent several hours weeding, bug killing and generally tidying the yard. They are both in their 80's and have a hard time getting the heavier yard work done. It was really lovely getting to spend some time with Craig's Aunt Joyce, Uncle Randy, his cousins and their wives. Sophie enjoyed spending time with her uncle Kirk and they partied until she couldn't take it anymore.

The morning was topped off with a lovely bbq put on by Grandma & Grandpa Peterson. I hope we can get over there a few more times this summer to help/socialize. Don't tell my mom or anything, but I actually REALLY enjoy yard work. Didn't when I was younger and I'm sure I didn't appreciate what we were learning at the time but I certainly do now! Thanks, mom!

In other news, we hopped down to what we hope will be our home soon (long story- not going there. Nutshell: Short Sale.) We were supposed to go through with Joyce but she had some things come up. We're so excited to be getting a home of our very own soon! Here is a link to a LOT of pictures for those who have been asking...

In other other news, I'm going to be spending the rest of my afternoon writing an article on everyday nutrition! I am now a freelance writer for KSL! How fun is that? I'll post a link to my article once it's published.

Hope all is well with everyone and the weather is happy and inviting where ever you may be!

Lots of love from all of us :)

2 comments:

  1. *positively WEEPS in envy* oh what a beautiful townhouse! If only, if only we could have a pretty house too!!

    also YAY for a writing job!

    you're kind of just living my dream life right now, Sarah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceci, I totally expect to have you and baby James and Cam over a LOT this summer for tons of fun! We'll even have a guest nap room set up for mr. James so the babies can snooze while the mommies craft/play/chat/generally have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete