June 30, 2011

Did I mention we like to go camping?

This was supposed to be
Sophie's bed
But she preferred our sleeping
pad area
Yes, I know I already posted about a summer camping trip this month but we went camping again! I love camping. It's a fun little "get-away," an inexpensive weekend, fun and it's still close enough to home that if it storms or something happens, we can leave quickly.

Notice the PURPLE FLIP FLOPS
on Craig
(not the Peterson-plummer)
Sophie really enjoyed the
camp fire this time
We went to the same campground we did last time. I didn't really think we would need to get a site ahead of time since we'd be going up earlier in the day but as it turned out, we got the VERY last single site. We got there just a bit after 5, I believe, too. Next time, we'll reserve a spot earlier in the week.

Craig ate a TON of it. I think
I only had a bite. 
I seriously think that there were more
berries than anything else in that pot
Mom, did I mention there is running water and there are toilets available should you prefer that to digging your own latrine? Anyway- we got there, unpacked the very well-organized truck, got the fire going (yes, I did, Craig had some difficulties. I think the sparkly flip flops might have had something to do with that), cooked dinner, enjoyed dinner and attempted a dutch oven dessert. Dinner was chicken, potatoes, onions, zucchini, squish, onions and such. The dessert was... well, it was. Too many blueberries, not enough butter. Really, why is Paula Deen never around when you need more butter?

This tent is a whole lot
bigger than it looks
See? Lots of room!
We were a whole lot more comfortable this time (something about having two camping pads rather than one) and thoroughly enjoyed sleeping a long time, having delicious keilbasa, eggs & bacon for breakfast and taking our time getting packed up and heading home.

Until the next camping trip...

1 comment: