June 27, 2011

Here it comes.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone else and I know it isn't a surprise to me.  Sophie is the daughter of two highly-opinionated, head-strong and slightly stubborn parents. No, I'm really not surprised that at 6 1/2 months young she is starting to throw little baby tantrums when she can't do something, have something, be somewhere etc. RIGHT NOW. My mom has told me that as a teenager I could be a seriously obnoxious turd (not a direct quote, but you get the idea) so I guess I'm just getting a taste of what I put in.

I don't agree with the baby books that say to sit and calmly reason with a baby. They don't get it. They have no frame of reference for "angel, mommy & daddy don't like you to eat the cat food/want you throwing the remote/rolling down the stairs/playing with a hot pan full of oil." You'd have just as much luck telling that to a cat. I also don't agree with the parents that give in all the time. "Ooh, it's okay. Just let him/her have that chocolate milk on the white sofa. Kids just ruin things. Hahaha!" I don't think so.

No, I don't have the answers but here I go to try to find what works best for us and Miss Sophie.

3 comments:

  1. "Slightly stubborn"? (Raised eyebrows...)

    We loved you anyway, and you and Sophie will figure it out. Just remember that a sense of humor works wonders... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom! Give me SOME credit here!

    ReplyDelete