June 8, 2011

A Wednesday in June

I started a post yesterday about trying to be more positive about life in general, then I fell asleep. Sleep is great. I fully appreciate a good sleep (I think most people do, actually.) Then I went to work this morning. I love what I do, I love doing it and it helps me stay active, healthy and creative. I do not love the administrative side of things. I also don't appreciate it when people don't follow through with their promises or I have to fight for something that I shouldn't have to fight for. I won't go into anymore detail but let's just say I'm frustrated again.

In other somewhat related news, there may not be a winter guard next year. (Yes, by my choosing.) Instead, we may join with the winter drumline and compete together. I was discussing color guard items with the band director when one of the drumline instructors popped in and said to join them. Benefits of being one giant team:


  • We'd be one giant team
  • More visual for the drumline
  • More awesome music for the guard
  • Lower fees all around
  • More social interactions for the student
  • Awesome combination of staff

Next step: get through summer and fall seasons. :) 

Actually, next step is fit into one of the high school uniforms. The assistant band director, Kirsten, and I are going to be performing in the Springville parade this Saturday with the two members of my nine member guard who will be there. Want a good laugh? Come watch! 


2 comments:

  1. I taught Guard at Lehi High for a season and only had 5-10 (I can't remember but I ended the season with 3) girls and I marched with them for 2 of the 3 summer parades because numbers were so small. I'm sure no one even noticed that a 19 year old was leading the colorguard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited, actually. I think it's going to be pretty funny. 2 high school girls with 2 married girls... one of which is a mom!

    ReplyDelete