June 24, 2011

Sharing the (Couponing) Love!

I follow some blogs of friends who are really great about sharing when & where things are on sale or great coupon offers. I figured it was my turn to maybe help a bit. There are many more (couponed) items available, these are just a highlight of what I would get. Here's what I've found for this week:


Coupons.com

  • $.60 off Yoplait yogurt (8)- YES, Walmart will let you use this on the prepackaged 8 which are already cheaper than buying them individually 
  • $.75 off ANY brand of milk (including Great Value with is also already cheaper) 
  • $.75 off any Newmans Own Salad Dressing
  • $1 off vitamins (Mom, does dad still do fish oil?) 
  • $1 off a pound of Sara Lee deli meat 
  • $1 off ANY brand of cheese (2 lbs) 
  • $.55 off any Pillsbury cake/frosting item

SmartSource.com
  • $5 off Zyrtec 
  • $1 off Pickles
  • $1 off any package Gold-n-Plump Chicken 
  • $.55 on Kikkoman product (soy sauce etc.) 
  • $.40 on 6 Yoplait Yogurts
  • $1 off olive oil 
  • $.50 off pomeranian balsamic vinegar or glaze 

Pillsbury.com
  • $.85 off Fiber One cereals 
  • $.60 off 8 Yoplait Yogurts
  • $.60 off 2 boxes of Suddenly Pasta Salad
  • $1.10 off Old El Paso taco kits
  • $1.10 off General Mills cereals (2) 
  • $.60 off Cherrios 
 Eversave.com 
  • Run by the same people as coupons.com but you can print more of the same coupons from them. 

A few other items...
  • In order to actually save money, you really should only buy things you were going to buy or need. Don't get something JUST because you have a coupon for it. You're still spending money. 
  • I've also found that going directly to manufacturers sites and looking up items is a good way to get coupons (Pillsbury above is an example of that.)  
  • Have a coupon for something on sale? Double points! 
  • Try eBates.com. You just click on a store you like to shop at (including walmart.com!) and go ahead and shop like normal. The good thing about this extra step is you can get anywhere from 3%-40% cash back on your purchases. You get a check once a quarter. I'm going to be doing site-to-store orders on diapers, wipes, lightbulbs etc. this way.
  • The Springville Walmart is doing Double Coupon Tuesdays (I believe it's up to $1 but hey, that's a dollar!) 
  • If you find a coupon for an item that you get sometimes but don't necessarily need this shopping trip, print it anyway. Print as many as it will let you (usually 2 or 3) and then just save them for when you want them. I keep most of my coupons in the center consul of my car. Perhaps not the most organized, but I know where they are! 
  • Know the ad matching/coupon policy before you go to the store. Here is a link to Walmart's Policy. I ad-matched on string cheese, tomatoes and juice earlier this week in addition to using my coupons. Don't underestimate the power of ad matching. I saved about $5 doing this. Between that and the coupons I used, I spent about $15 less than I would have if I had gone in not having glanced at other ads or printing a few measly coupons. I understand it might not be a big deal to most people to spend a little more, but it is to me. Go ahead and call me stingy but if I don't have to spend $15 more on the same food, then I won't! 


p.s I gladly accept inserts from Sunday papers :)

p.p.s Items that can be used for multiple meals get double "points." That Sunday roast chicken? You can get 3 meals out of it, easily. (Obviously the roast chicken, some of the left over meat for chicken tacos or spaghetti and then boil down the carcass for a delicious, low-sodium chicken stock for soups.) 

p.p.p.s I am NOT going to be one of those nutty "extreme couponers" who spend tons of time each week couponing. Craig works hard and I just like to save $$ where I can so we're not throwing away his hard-earned funds. 


What other coupon/money-saving things do you do? 
Share in the comments and I'll add them here so others can save, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment