June 21, 2011

Playing catch-up

Craig set up our new tent
Last week, we decided to take a little break and get "out of town." We sort of left town. Craig came home from work, we prepped our camp fire dinners and then the Relief Society Presidency came over for a visit (can we say amazing networking visit? One of the counselors is a dental assistant. Yes- I'm still looking for an office to work at. Let me know if you know of anyone hiring!) After they took off, we headed up Mapleton Canyon.
Dinner on the fire

Sophie fell asleep in the car on the long drive (7 miles from our house...) to the campsite. When we got there we picked our spot and got our fun evening going. I built the fire and started cooking dinner while Craig set up the tent. He may have put the top cover on backwards but whatever. We could see the tree tops, moon & stars while inside.
The obligatory marshmallow roasting

For dinner we had roasted potatoes, zucchini, crookneck squash, onions and roasted marshmallows. Neither one of us really like s'mores or marshmallows but it seemed like a necessity while camping. And I hear they pretty much last forever so whatever.
The pretty river that had flooded
 two land bridges


We had a nice evening getting away just enough. Craig might have been cold, the one person sleeping pad might have been just a touch too small but at least we got to have some fun, go to bed early and fall asleep listening to the (flooded) river running near our site. I love camping and hope we can get back soon!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had fun camping! I don't know if you're checking craigslist but there's ads for dental assistants every single day on there, or you can sign up with the temp agencies. I signed up with them for hygiene, and they tell me every time I call how much work they have for dental assistants right now you can do doctors staffing or erin orr I know they both have tons. good luck! and if you ever need someone to help watch sophie i'd be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz-

    I was going to send you a message and see how things were going for you post hygiene school! I'd love to have you guys over sometime. I have applied for every posting on craigslist but by the time they get to my cover & resume, they've hired someone else. Which temp agency are you going through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys and I will eat your smores....we LOVE them! I am one of those people that don't feel a camping trip is complete without a nice warm, melty smore. Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete