May 24, 2012

Thursday thoughts

Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to go for walks, even just to the Ladybug park. I tend to think about odd things. This morning it was about things that make life a whole lot less stressful:

-A well-stocked kitchen
- Check lists
-Checked off check lists
-Written goals
- Living in a clean, organized house
- Being a month ahead financially

This list then made me think about budgets and such. Has anyone else noticed that a budget makes you the boss? We all know I like being in charge and don't like being told what to do most of the time. I really like having a set budget because then we get to essentially "boss the funds around" rather than being controlled by them. Craig found a site not too long ago (tied to some nifty software that I didn't want to buy but would make everything into pretty graphs and reports and whatnot) that basically said that every dollar needs a job. I suppose I knew that but hadn't really thought about it in those terms. While walking home from the park with Sophie, I thought about "dollar jobs" and compared it to having new employees come in just labeled "other." I guess I wouldn't really expect them to know what to do or do anything correctly if I didn't give them a specific job but somehow some people expect their funds to magically manage themselves. Nope. Not going to happen. Well, it might happen but the end result probably won't be what you want.

And so the random thoughts continued. Believe what you've heard about how much stress is taken away when you have a months worth of expenses put away before the month begins. All those lessons in school, at home, church etc. about taking little steps and getting a little put away gradually but purposefully really aren't pointless.

Poor Sophie. I probably could have gotten her home and settled into bed a whole lot faster if I hadn't been thinking so much. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment