May 9, 2012

Nananas and the Grocery Store

Sophie woke up this morning very happy. The first thing she said to me as I opened her door was "nanana" (banana). Uh, oh. We were out. And we couldn't go to the store since we are now watching two little girls Tuesday-Thursday each week and we had limited time before we needed to head out and pick them up. I'm up for a lot of things but a grocery trip with 3 little girls 3 and under isn't one of them so, sadly, no nananas for Sophie.

When Craig got home this evening, we did head out for a quick trip to Walmart for a few things, among them, nananas. Sophie spotted them pretty quickly after we got in the store and was quite excited when I put a bunch in the cart next to her. She pointed at another bunch. And another. If I had let her, she probably would have taken the whole display home with us. I should have pulled my phone out sooner but here is a little taste of what nanana shopping is like with Sophie.

After we got home, Sophie sat happily on the front porch eating her Sophie-size nanana while I watered the plants. We had a very pleasant evening following her snack. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment