May 22, 2012

Life really is good.

I'm afraid from the last post or few that some people have gotten the idea that this whole pregnancy has been unbearable miserable and basically life, the universe and everything hates me. Nope. It hasn't and doesn't.

-I wasn't sick with the typical 'dispose of everything you eat, drink or think about consuming' morning sickness, just felt sort of off and had many food aversions. That is not bad at all. One can live on anything but meat.

-My back, which I thought was going to absolutely do me in when I was pregnant with Sophie, has not been an issue at ALL since we discovered the joys of chiropractor adjustments. ONE lower back & hip fix (think 2 minutes) and I can say I haven't felt better in quite a long time. Seriously, it even took away the back pain I have felt for a long time even when not pregnant.

-With Sophie, I felt run down, worn out and generally overwhelmed by life. Those physical symptoms came back around 24 weeks but this time, I was told I had extremely low iron and as soon as (took a couple weeks to get back close to 34) a simple iron supplement was added to my morning, I started feeling much better.

-I am not diabetic. I still don't believe I had true gestational diabetes last time since even on the diet I was given, I was fighting hypoglycemia but this time, I don't even have to mess with that. I just get to watch my sugar levels, which are still generally low.

-Little sister Olivia was even so kind as to get herself fully engaged head down sometime between 30 and 32 weeks. What does this mean? It means that while I may be getting kicked in the ribs, I can breathe a lot easier because I don't have a head up in the way of my lungs. Sophie didn't turn until quite a bit later and that sure made things like carrying a basket of laundry up or down the stairs a full body workout.

-I haven't gained too much or too little weight.

-We haven't had any scary ultrasounds or other tests to suggest there is anything wrong with our baby. The questionable things that have been happening have all been regarding my body and its desire/ability/whatever to be pregnant. I can deal with that.


-We have a great doctor who has a couple really great experienced nurses working for her. We've been able to get the help and care we've needed.  Our insurance is even much better this time taking away the stress of "how much is the BYU insurance actually going to cover?"

-We are going to be bringing this baby home to our very own home. Complete with painted nursery, new crib, lots of diapers and we won't have to worry about unexpected guests showing up and sharing the bathroom during late night/very early morning bottle refills. That's just awesome.

There are lots of other things but there's my pre-breakfast list for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment