April 27, 2012

To my at-home parent friends

Since I happen to have friends who are at-home moms and at-home dads, this is a post targeted to you in general. (In case the title was somehow confusing.)

Do you ever have days where you really honestly get very little accomplished? Days where you spend a good portion of it in bed, on the couch or otherwise plopped? Basically days when you are unjustifiably lazy? Do you feel guilty about it at all? Thinking about the fact that your spouse is off somewhere presumably working hard all day to provide for you (even if not entirely) and your child(ren)? Yes, I have had one of those today. I've done the dishes, fed and played with Sophie, folded some laundry, talked to my mom, sent some work-related emails, planned some weekend family fun and found some activity templates for Sophie. (I'll post pictures of the projects those templates will be turning into once they're done.) These are all things that could have been done easily in a morning. Craig will come home, not be upset at all, we'll make dinner and I will do my best NOT to be grumpy because I didn't get anything done.

I took my iron, have had plenty of good, healthy food today and most certainly have enough things that need to get done to keep any normal person busy. There is no real excuse for this. I figured today we could have company in 8-9 weeks. We could realistically have a full-term baby in 7-8 weeks (due date is in 10 weeks.) I need to get my butt in gear and get things taken care of around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment