April 23, 2012

I love weekends!

We had a LOT of fun together this weekend. Rather than writing a novel, I figured I'd let the pictures do the story telling! 

Except... 
We (well, me, really) decided to sell our huge 8 drawer dresser that was taking up a lot of room in our bedroom. We have a fabulous little "cove" that is asking for a dresser and was being wasted space. I posted our dresser on KSL and Craigslist Friday early evening and had about 8 offers before bed. By 9:30 the next morning, it was gone. We headed to IKEA and in addition to finding two little dressers that are doubling as night stands (see picture at the bottom), Craig found a $99 set that included TWO outdoor chairs, an awesome table AND a bench. I was hoping to find a bench for our front garden for less than $100 and wasn't expecting to leave with 2 dressers, 2 really pretty curtains, 2 chairs, 1 bench and a table that is my cutting table now. For just slightly more than what we sold our dresser for. I call that a successful transaction! 

Date night with daddy at India Palace. Sophie
thoroughly enjoyed her first bahji, naan and lamb
tikka masala. We couldn't give it to her fast
enough so she took things into her own hands...

Sophie helping build our raised garden bed
in the front garden of our house.

Perfect Sophie-size bench! 


Craig planted 6 different tomato plants in our garden boxes
while I got some things done at home and Sophie had
some "rest time." 

Onions are starting to sprout! 

Snap peas and green beans are starting to sprout, too!

The strawberries we thought died last summer have
pulled through- AND they're blooming! 

Our front yard complete with new bench! I have already enjoyed sitting on it
while Sophie blows bubbles or plays with some of the
neighbor girls in our yard. We added some more dirt and some plants this evening.
More pictures once it is done. Oh, and I fixed the window screen, too. 

My first gerbera daisy wreath and a couple
pots of plants. I'm not as good at picking
plants for pots as my mom is! 

New cutting table to hold the cutting
mat Craig got me.  (That floor cushion for
Sophie is the first project cut out on the mat.)
So excited to keep working on the "perfect"
craft/sewing room for us to use!

Turkey burgers, pasta salad and homemade
potato fingers in our back yard.
Sophie's first (and Craig, too)
lemon garlic butter shrimp & grits dinner

The gorgeous duvet my mom made while we
were visiting in Connecticut. 

Heavy draperies. I love that you can see the design on it
when the sun is shining through. Not really well in these
pictures but it's cool in person! 

Yes, Craig's side of the bed is the one with the crooked pillow.
He did the unthinkable- he sat on the bed after it was made.
That's what the bench at the foot of the bed is for, sillies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment