April 3, 2012

A very quick follow up

Amazingly, I didn't die while taking the glucose test this morning. Close. I even had a nice pink bucket to keep me company. And remind me NOT to return the product as that would result in having to drink the stuff again.

Thank you, granny Pam & cousin Salem for coming to get Sophie and taking her to play while I was fighting to keep that sugar water down.

Lab- thank you for actually getting the results quickly AND sending them to my doctor so fast.

Legacy OB- thank YOU for relaying the information to me equally quickly.

Body- THANK YOU for being just enough over the line to NOT make us go through the 3-hour test of doom! We'll just get to monitor levels like we have been doing and all should be fine.

Body- NO THANK YOU for being "severely anemic." You know how much I love meat right now. We'll be sharing- in addition to the prenatals- some truly charming iron supplements for a while/until the levels get better/until the doctor decides something stronger is needed/I'm dead. I'm sure some other little "softy" friends will be joining the party, too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the glucose test is over for you!! :D Enjoy the iron supplements - I've found Miralax to be the iron supplement's best companion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure to keep your supply of miralax through the weeks following delivery- you'll want them EXTRA badly then!!

      Delete