April 10, 2012

A Mash-up of Tuesday Stuff

I was hoping to write both an Easter post and a 16 month update about Sophie today but after she has had THREE difficult days in a row (pulling crap out of the trash can, smashing goldfish into the carpet, throwing dirty work shoes into a clean basket of laundry, teething again, refusing to nap at all... to name a few) I'm not thinking it would be the kindest of posts. Instead, I think I might take a me time-out and grump a little, be happy a little and who knows what else.

I'll get the grumps out of the way first:

  • I dislike inconsiderate drives in construction zones. There are PEOPLE working on the road. If you hit them, you will likely be just fine but they won't. Slow the heck down!! 
  • I hate unsolicited advice, as well-meaning as it may be. Honestly, I don't care that you have been pregnant before, have 5+ kids and all of the answers. Unless I ask you for advice or we are already discussing a specific topic, please, save your breath and don't bring something else up by tell me I'm doing something wrong because I'm doing something differently than you would. 
  • Double standards pretty much make me want to kick a puppy. 

Some happy stuff: 
  • Sophie and I FINALLY got out today and spent some time with a friend. We were able to meet up with James and Ceci, share some lunch and fun and enjoy the sunshine. If I can get the little video off my phone, I'll post Sophie and James thoroughly enjoying splashing their feet in one of the fountains at Riverwoods. It was hysterical. 
  • We made it through another winter guard season. Saturday was the LAST competition and now we get to start working on Summer and Fall which are much more laid back. I LOVE winter guard (it is my favorite season) but it is absolutely exhausting. 
  • Vacation discussions have begun again. Long-term goals and thinking about spending time away are happy things in this house. 

Some other random junk:
  • I don't want more than 2 kids. I have an incredible amount of respect for parents/mom's who are able to successfully and happily raise big families. I don't believe I have the physical or mental ability to really take care of more than two. Hell, weeks like these have me questioning my ability to take care of one without screwing her up for life. 
  • Anemia sucks. I'm pretty well out of energy and motivation by about 2:00 every day. Low energy & motivation = less patient me. I'm glad to know that this isn't just me being a loser, at least, and we're doing something about it but it still sucks right now. 
  • I don't know that I have ever wanted this much junk food in my life. Key lime pie, chocolate mousse, thin mints, margherita pizzas... As of my last appointment, I had only gained 14 pounds total. I'd really like to not over-gain but if I can't get these cravings under control, I just might! 

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, my kid was actually playing in crap (Bear poop) not just crap from the trash. Oh, the joys of parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crap was previously from her. But yes, that does help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey if it helps, I can't even bring myself to be ok with the thought of two kids so you are at least one step ahead of me. lol :) let's play again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete