March 26, 2012

What the Weather?

Yesterday it got to be about 72*. It was overcast and breezy but it was still a lovely day. Yesterday, I took that as a sign that I should start working on the plan for our vegetable garden plot. I did some research, we made a list of the items we want to have in our garden, sketched a plot and even took our Sunday evening walk over to the community garden to see what sort of prep work we were going to need to do on/in our plot. After our visit, we even discussed "buying" another half or full plot and extending our garden this year. I love gardening, I love watching things grow and I cannot get enough of the fresh fruits and vegetables that come with gardening. I went to sleep with happy thoughts of things to come.

Then I woke up.

To a thundering wind storm. Then it started snowing. And then there was thunder. Really, weather? REALLY? It sort of put a damper on my day. I knew it was going to be much cooler today but I was not anticipating this. So, no herb pots got planted, we haven't spent any time in the front or back yards designing our flowering/watery/sittingly mini-haven. We haven't even gone to the "yes, bapt" (yes, park). What a bummer.

After such lovely thoughts of things to come yesterday, staying inside and spot scrubbing tile, resealing countertops, folding laundry and cleaning bathrooms just didn't bring as much joy as one might think. Sophie and I still went to Walmart but instead of going to the garden center, we got some bananas, milk, oil and she picked out a basket of play food that was on clearance.

Maybe tomorrow we can plant something or start digging around in the dirt before it becomes a solid heap again. Maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment