March 25, 2012

Another week with the Nas-ter-sons (Pictures Included!)

As far as weeks go, we have had a pretty fantastic one.

Monday:
Typical Monday in our house. We started the week out well with getting all of our "daily" items checked off the list as well as several of our "weekly" items. Mondays like that help me feel much better about the week as a whole right off. Sophie gets a kick out of helping me "mop" the kitchen (she pushes the swiffer around behind me) and loading/unloading the washing machine and dryer. It's pretty cute.

She spent a while with Craig at the park and I sat on our couch in the living room and watched. Being able to see them from our house is one of my favorite things about the living room.

Tuesday:
Craig was very busy with work-related things this week and wasn't around from early Tuesday morning until late Wednesday night. This gave Sophie and I some time to do a few fun things. We didn't make my bed but instead snuggled on it, wrestled the cats under the covers, read some stories upside down (at the foot of the bed) and stayed in jammies as long as we could justify it. We didn't get dressed until it was time to leave for color guard. Which we didn't end up getting to because we were locked out of my car.
Sophie did learn two new signs: Water and Hungry. She has been using water frequently and if I remind her what 'hungry' is, she'll use that over and over when she's hungry. Or while she's asking for "chsheese" or "fsh."

Wednesday:
I had my 6 month appointment (holy cow, 6 months already!) and our littlest girl is growing right as she should and even measuring a few days older than before. I'd be totally okay with her coming sooner. To this point, I've gained about 14 pounds (and I was weighed about half an hour after lunch) which has me on track to gain 25 pounds by the time she comes. That makes me VERY happy! I'm not terribly interested in losing a whole lot of weight or taking a year to do it. I "get" to do the 1-hour glucose test next week which means that this week I'm enjoying whatever I want. That pretty much means orange juice, strawberries, grapes, wheat bread toast and some chocolate pie. I did not handle either test very well last time. If anyone wants to come play with Sophie while I do it, that'd be marvelous.

Oh, and I finally got my food containers labeled. I've been wanting to do this since I started using the plastic containers but it has take some time. Each container has the plastic hook of velcro attached making it dishwasher friendly and each tag is laminated and has the cotton loop of velcro attached to it. Basically, they're removable, washable and happyable.

Thursday:
I have been looking forward to getting together with my friend, Ceci, and her little boy for quite some time. Every single time we have planned a get-together some silly, legitimate thing (like suddenly becoming inexplicably ill, lacking transportation, a billion errands needing run etc.) has come up to keep us from getting together. Can you guess what it was on Thursday (AND Friday)? Sophie had her 15 month shots which included the MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella & varicella). She was grumpy to the max following her shots -I don't blame her- and then ended up not well. Sigh. Someday we will have a social life again.

Oooh, and we had some deeelicious fresh salmon for dinner. With "bugs-in-rice," steamed broccoli and yummy cinnamon baked apples. I love salmon. Sophie now loves salmon. Craig did a fantastic job of cooking it. Yummmmmmy!

Friday:
Sophie still wasn't too happy or entirely well so we stayed home, worked on some house projects, weeded our yard/garden, blew some bubbles and when Craig got home, we quickly made dinner which consisted of potlatch grilling of the other half of the salmon, warming up the left over bugs-in-rice and another veggie. After devouring the equally mouth-watering fish, we finally got out of the house for a while. We are such party animals. We went to the distribution center to get some items to accommodate my growing tummy, to Joanns to get some boning for a couple baby shower gifts and Walmart for something random. I think we left with a dowel and a gallon of milk?

Saturday:
SO yummy. I want some now!
Nursing cover. Can't see it, but
 it also has a hidden pocket inside
Quite a whirlwind of activities. We woke up at our normal time only to hear a very distinct "uh oh" come from Sophie's room. We're still not entirely sure what she was uh-oh-ing since there wasn't anything out of the ordinary going on in there. For breakfast, Craig and I made some homemade mini apple fritters. Oh, my delicious! This will be one of the recipes going on our in-progress food website. They came together fast, cooked even faster and were amazingly fruity and yummy.

Craig and Sophie had some fun playtime together after breakfast while I finished several baby shower gifts I hadn't been able to work on earlier in the week. I had two to attend yesterday. The first was for my friend, Amy, from color guard who is having a girl. I made her a nursing cover out of some wild(ly fun) fabric. I think it turned out cute. The second was for another color guard friend that I have known since we were both freshman at BYU, Courtney. She is having a boy. I wasn't sure what she needed or wanted so I put together a little basket of things we liked/needed when Sophie was born. It included a few thick burp cloths (the kind my mom, sister & I like to make), a couple paci clips, a fabulous bottle cleaner and some baby shampoo & lotion. A bit of a random assortment, but she seemed very happy and appreciative. (ps Craig made the super cute cards.)

While I was at the two showers, Craig spent some time at his parents house changing the oil in my car and letting Sophie play with her granny in the back yard. Sophie loved the swing set, I'm told. She *loves* the parks near our house so that doesn't surprise me in the least. After all of the baby shower fun, we finally got to spend time together. It was getting later so we just went to the mall to walk around and get some exercise. This, of course, led us to Gymboree where Craig had no self control and got Sophie not one, but TWO swimsuits. Both adorable. (To be fair, both on super sale.)

Sunday:
Wow. We made it to Sunday! It was fast Sunday in our ward since next week is General Conference. I am having a hard time believing everything that has happened in the last 6 months since the last conference. We had a nice, relaxing day together. Craig and I spent time planning and plotting our vegetable garden and I'm very excited to get working. I've found some amazing resources online that talk about buddy planting, natural pest control plants and soil treating so I'm having a little more confidence in our ability to have a more plentiful harvest this year. I also, of course, spent time doodling out plans for our basement playroom/game room/ family room and our sewing/craft room. It has been so nice getting little things done here and there to make this house more of our own home. We have some fun ideas and projects to keep us busy for years to come and I really like that.

We capped off our evening with playing a few board & card games, watching one of our favorite shows (Worst Cooks in America) and playing with Sophie.


Life isn't perfect, but it sure isn't boring around here! Come by and play, share a treat or give the kitties a little scratch behind the ears. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment