March 4, 2012

Sophie's First Blog Entry

So, mommy & daddy have started telling people that I'm going to be a big sister this summer. I tried telling people, but no one seemed to understand what all the babble was about. Now that they have started listening, there have been some questions about me being ready to be a big sister. Of course I'm ready! I am 15 whole months old and I know what it's like to be a baby now. I've been there. I've made a short list of some of the ways I know I have the experience I need to be the BEST big sister to the new baby.

  • I got a baby of my very own for Christmas and I've had lots of fun with her already! We climb chairs together, run into things and roll all over the place. I even took her on an airplane ride to visit my grandma and grandpa in Connecticut. 
  • I already know how to take my own diapers off so I'll be to help with baby diaper changes even if mommy doesn't ask me for help. 
  • Daddy reads me stories when he is home and I will be able to show the baby my books while daddy is gone and help her to love them like I do. 
  • When the baby is older, I'll share my bath and bath toys. I liked sharing toys with my uncle Andrew when we visited. Mommy says I won't be able to share a bath for a while. I don't understand that. 
  • I have a very cute, smily baby cousin I get to visit sometimes and I like to sit next to him and hand him his toys when he drops them. I even try really hard to remember to be EXTRA gentle with the baby. 
  • I have two kitties that are smaller than me and they love me. Daddy says I should practice a little more "gentle" with them before the baby comes. He might be right. 
  • Baby won't have a tail (...at least that's what they've told me) so I won't have to worry about remembering not to pull any tails. 
  • And best of all, I know how to get whatever I want from my daddy so I know I'll be able to teach my little baby the same tricks, too. It might even be easier with TWO cute smiles! 
I'm excited to be a big sister and have even started helping mommy put baby clothes in the new nursery closet, put the crib together, watched her & grandma make the pretty crib bumpers & skirt for the crib and I'm going to help daddy hang up a shelf later. I love the baby already! 

Sophie

...

Some Mommy Notes: 
  • Baby should be coming to live with us the first week of July
  • Depending on when baby decides to come play, Sophie will be 19 or 20 months old when she is officially a big sister
  • More: http://pinkdoodle.blogspot.com/2012/03/just-some-sunday-morning-pictures.html

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Congratulations!! That's so exciting, and i'm sure Sophie will be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sarah!! :) I'm SO happy for you!!! Sophie will be a great big sister, because she has a mother like you to show her how! :) I love you! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete