March 30, 2012

March Goal Report- Just for me

So, remember how I posted a slightly flippant totally realistic list of things I wanted to get done in March? No? I didn't, either until this morning. Convenient since tomorrow is the last day of the month. In case you don't remember the list, it looked something like this:



  • Fully deep clean and detail my car (I'd even like to find a carpet shampoo machine to use)

  • Cleaning, organizing and getting the sewing/craft room set up for efficient use

  • Clean and reorganize the basement to be more Sophie-friendly so we can actually use the Wii and tv

  • Finish the chair rail in the family room myself since someone else isn't interested in doing it 

  • Reorganize my dresser drawers

  • Make a cute spring-y wreath for the front door

  • Work on Sophie's room (pictures on the wall, reading corner) 

  • Deep clean the hall bathroom for Sophie use

  • Re-caulk our bathtub

  • Get the carpets in the house cleaned

  • PAINT THE KITCHEN A COLOR I DON'T HATE

  • Do something fun by myself or with friends that has nothing to do with housework, child care, being a mom or wife. You know, stuff that I enjoyed pre-Craig & Sophie. 




  • As of today, almost everything on that list got done. I seem to recall writing it in a somewhat grumpy state. But guess what?


    • My car is clean & vacuumed.
    • The craft/sewing room in the basement has been organized, cleaned up and ready for a sewing table to move in. 
    • The main room in the basement has been completely reorganized, all of the toys are out where Sophie can get to them and Craig & I can still play games/wii fat, too. 
    • We have plans for finishing the living room chair rail. 
    • I did reorganize my drawers/put clothes that won't fit me again until next year away
    • I have a cute (in my opinion) spring wreath hanging on the front door
    • Sophie's bathroom did get cleaned- then the cats moved back in. They need to be booted back to the utility room in the basement. 
    • I got a groupon to get all of the carpets in our house cleaned- for 60% off. Woo! 
    • My brother-in-law painted our kitchen a color I love- not just a color I don't hate :D 

    Some things to add to our list for next month that didn't get done/planned: 
    • Sophie's room. We have tried a few things but I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do in there. 
    • Recaulk/grout in our bathroom. I just need to get it and do it. 

    Happy end of March! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment