October 3, 2010

A little behind but pushing ahead!

Okay, so I haven't posted anything since July 18th. Yes, just like with everyone else, life has been about as full and changing as one can possibly imagine. So many things have happened since then that I can't even begin to think about putting them all in one post, which is good, since that is not the purpose of this entry. Because I have been told that goals are just wishes or dreams if not written down, the point of me writing this afternoon is to give myself someone (or something) to be accountable to. As of today, I am 64 days from my due date and I have plenty of things that I would love to accomplish (well) before then. I am now writing them down and can now proceed with my goals! In no particular order...


  1. Organize the garage (we still have things from when we moved in that haven't been organized)
  2. Organize the basement (ditto)
  3. Organize/sort/hang all of the baby clothes (I have no excuse now- my sister is letting us use her beautiful baby armoire!) 
  4. Make a car seat cover to match the nursing cover my mom/sister gave me
  5. Make a couple more burp clothes (apparently you can never have enough) 
  6. Finish our headboard 
  7. Finish our curtains
  8. Get all winter guard items completely organized (this includes uniforms ordered, flags made, drill books with routines put together) 
  9. Make a little Sunday dress for Madeline 
  10. Figure out/rearrange our "baby nook"- it needs some feng shui 
  11. Purchase any other important items I may have forgotten (baby bathtub, nursing pillow, monitors, baskets to hold toys, blankets etc.) 

I'm sure this list will grow, but for now, those are my long-ish term goals. I'm going to pick a few things a week to work on and will then report on them at the end of the week. This week I will be working on: #1, #3 & #6 since those might be less pleasant in the cold and #10. Let's see how it goes!! 

1 comment:

  1. We no longer use the car seat cover you made for us...you can have it when you get the car seat/stroller.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete