October 29, 2010

An Entertaining Return

Someone should really consider making t-shirts or primary bags that proudly state "I Survived the Primary Program!" This last Sunday was our annual primary program. For my non-LDS readers, allow me to explain. The primary consists of children between ages 3-12. Junior primary goes until the child turns 8 and then they are "big kids" and go to senior primary until they turn 12 and enter the young mens or young womens program. I teach a class of 8/9/10 year olds. They are quite the active bunch. Craig looooves coming to class with me! ;)  Each year, the children learn a new set of songs, have lessons in sharing time based on different topics and then usually in October, they have a program in place of the normal Sacrament meeting (the main worship service everyone attends together) where they share what they've learned in a somewhat organized manner. Some wards are better at this than others. Our ward wins for entertainment.

Anyway, last week I missed the rehearsal Saturday morning because of my call time for the football game. I would really like to know who put my two choice boys next to each other in the row I wasn't sitting in. (Yes, everyone had their name on their seat- no "That's my spot!"chatter during sacrament meeting). It was a pretty standard program. Sunbeams waving and calling out to their parents, junior primary children crying and refusing to go to the pulpit to "read" their part, senior primary boys playing with the organ pipes behind them and consequently nearly missing their turn.... I think sitting up there in the very back row with my class and watching the goings-on on the stand in front of me as well as the looks of the parents in the congregation was the best part.

Did I mention this was also the first Sunday since July grandpa has been able to come to church? He shared some valuable advice with Craig as they were choosing their seats that morning. "Find somewhere comfortable you can fall asleep before the program starts. It's so much more enjoyable that way!" Ooh, grandpa! What can you expect but a little humor from a man in a suit two sizes too big? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment