October 18, 2010

Goal Report #2

Okay! Into week 2 of "get everything humanly possible done before the baby comes in 49 days because after that, it ain't gonna happen!" And guess what? Things went pretty well! From my goals at the end of last week:





  •  I did get my Shakespeare paper written- "Helena, Hermia and Hippolyta: The role of "feminism" in Shakespeare's "A Mid-Summer Nights Dream." Might sound mildly interesting but you really can't get into too much detail on a 1200 word limit. 
  • I've been to a stats review. Continuing goal: pass the damn class. 
  • Craig and I spent a while on Saturday cleaning out and arranging our things in the garage. Now, not only are things sorted, arranged and cleaned up to my liking, we have an added bonus: both cars fit nicely in the garage! When little miss does make her grand appearance we won't have to carry her out to the car in the driveway in the snow. This makes us quite happy-grandpa included. 
  • We got a baby bathtub! My aunt also got me a Boppie nursing pillow- now to make a snuggly cover for it. :) We have a few little things that we still need to get before she's born, but I count this as progress towards goal #11. 
Goals for this week: 
  1. Survive two band competitions (Davis & Mountain View), one band concert and one home BYU football game (recording)
  2. Sew a car seat cover
  3. Finish our headboard. We were hoping to find the staple gun in the garage while we were cleaning and then Craig remembered he gave it back to his dad. We'll either need to see about borrowing it again or buy our own before this can be completed. 
  4. Primary program this Sunday... need I say more?
  5. Start doing some serious work on winter guard items. Auditions are in two weeks! Ah!  
And off we go...

5 comments:

  1. I should blog my long"ish" term goals and weekly goals too. Then I will be accountable to someone and I will actually remember all the things I keep saying I want/need to do. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnant-brain makes remembering goals the worst!! I'm an odd one and when I tell someone I will have something done by a certain date, it adds just a touch of pressure. I highly recommend making and following the list- it has been helping me a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you just "used a swear" as your little brother would say. For shame! Don't you know we think it but never admit it? Even about statistics, (although I am sure there may be a bit of leeway there...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on accomplishing some of your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I "used a swear" but luckily, Andrew can't read my blog yet. ;)
    I'll try to keep it a little more Andrew-rated on here.

    ReplyDelete