October 10, 2010

Baby Shower!

Last weekend during the priesthood session of conference, my oldest sister, Erin, hosted a baby shower for me and my college-age friends. (My Sisters-in-Law, Jenny/Jen, hosted one in August with family- I will be posting about that shortly). It was so much fun getting to spend the evening goofing off, eating delicious food my sister made (naturally), tying a pretty baby pink blanket and generally just having a great time with my sister, aunt and girlfriends.

The shower was supposed to last from about 6-8 but I got there a little early to see what I could do to help my sister finish getting things ready. Mom had told me earlier that day that Erin had had a seriously crazy busy week and had worked so hard to make everything perfect. Oooh, and boy was it perfect and then some! I am still kicking myself that I didn't take my camera with me so I'll just have to do my best to describe how everything was. When  I (and everyone else) walked in the front door, there was a baby blanket set up in the living room ready to be tied. This was a great place for the early-birds, such as myself, to plop, talk and tie. Continuing on into the kitchen, Erin had made her famous tortellini salad, buttery rolls, delicious pesto pasta, sliced fruit and had a veggie platter. In the family room where we were going to spend most of the evening, Erin had made a darling banner and had clothes-pinned tiny pairs of baby socks between the letters. In the corner was the newly painted armoire that became the holding place for baby gifts.  Mom had sent my blessing bonnet, booties and blessing dress which was hung up on the inside of the left door and hanging on the opposite door was the darling "Madeline" frame my sister had made.

After being completely blown away, I went back into the kitchen and sat down at the counter to help finish putting that together when Erin told me she had one more surprise for me. At that point, my Aunt Susan who lives in Arizona came into the kitchen. She had flown from Phoenix specifically for the baby shower! THAT was a fun treat.

The rest of the evening was spent eating, chatting and playing fabulously funny games with some of my favorite people. Matching games complete with coordinating candy prizes ("Mounds" was my favorite. I'll let you guess on that one;) ) and complete-the-nursery rhyme among other things. It was wonderful spending time with my sister and friends and seeing how loved little Madeline is already.

(Sorry, the pictures included here are mostly taken later at our house or borrowed from facebook-Thanks, Becca!)

No comments:

Post a Comment