January 9, 2010

My Sweet Husband


So, Christmas morning. We're opening presents at my house in Connecticut. I've given Craig almost all of his gifts (he got a tool set with each item wrapped individually and a few new articles of clothing) and now he's wanting to give me mine. He hands me this medium sized box wrapped very cutely in such a way that you know much care was taken... even if the corners don't convince you of that. I carefully open the wrapping, excited to see what Craig has chosen to give me on our first married Christmas. I remove the last bit of wrapping paper and pull out... an old modem! Yes, my sweet, loving husband had given me a much outdated modem-one that looked a lot like the one my parents had given Andrew to play with in the basement. Okay, so he just wrapped it in the box but since I was afraid of hurting his feelings or being slightly disappointed like with the Christmas Eve PJ's, I went along with it trying to be happy. (I didn't have to pretend to be surprised. That came naturally). I was then encouraged to open the box and inside there was... a "sick" bag from his flight from Vegas to Connecticut! Yes, my husband had already outdone himself! Outdated modem AND a sick bag! But the best part was inside. (No, he wasn't giving me his 'sick'.) My sweet husband had gotten me two one-hour massage sessions, something that I have wanted for a long time! Everyone who was watching this whole thing unfold thought it was pretty amusing that I thought Craig had actually gotten me a modem. Hey, there are stranger things in life!

I went tonight to use half of the gift and it was A-mazing!! An hour of pure relaxation, modem free!

1 comment:

  1. I believe the terms "relaxing" and "modem-free" cannot occur without each other. Maybe you should revise this posting.

    ReplyDelete