January 10, 2010

A little move, a little teaching and a little cat

We moved in with Craig's grandpa Merrill last Saturday.  Since Craig had to have surgery, living on the third floor with the only access being three flights of crumbly icy stairs just didn't seem practical. Living with grandpa who was living alone and had a way to keep Craig bedded and bathed on the first floor did. The move was... interesting. We got back from Connecticut late Friday night and I had to be in Spanish Fork teaching a guard clinic at 9:00 on Saturday morning. The plan was to get up early (smart planning) and get most of the major packing done before I had to leave and then I would finish whatever Craig hadn't done while I was gone when I got home from teaching around 1:30. When the car wouldn't start, it sort of changed our plans. Long story short, no packing in the morning, no packing during the day since once we got the car started we didn't want to turn it off-Craig drove me to work and then took it to get fixed which meant not packing during the day.  By the time I realized this was going to be how my day was going, it was already 10 after 9 and we were still in Provo. Luckily, I have a great guard captain who was able to start rehearsal. About halfway through the camp, I got a phone call from my FiL informing me that my BiL had been taken to the emergency room and was going to have to have emergency surgery that evening. Then I continued to teach, however somewhat distracted.

Craig came back to collect me, we went home, started packing things in boxes and then our friends showed up to help us move/pack. Now, when I say pack, I'd like you to imagine how a college male might pack a box. Can't visualize it? Let me help. I was looking for a baking pan for my chicken. In the box that I found that in there was also: a shoe, a small green pillow, some silverware, a hairbrush and the  pants that I had left out to wear last Saturday night. It was very creative but very helpful. We do have some great friends.


After we'd gotten most everything moved, we went to Salt Lake to see Craig's brother, Brent. He was doing alright but had had to have a surgery removing a few more inches of his intestines. Crohn's is not a pleasant thing to deal with. After spending some time there, we hoped in the car and ventured back to our apt. and collected our favorite furry friend. 'Miss Kitty' (otherwise referred to as Kodak-I didn't name her and I don't care for the name) has adapted quite well to her new surroundings. She enjoys sitting in a window in grandpa's office and watching the wildlife of Provo. Aaah, the simple things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment