April 1, 2011

Some Friday morning randomness

Why is it that white pasta looks cheap to me?

Am I the only person who ends up in line at the grocery store behind an extremely overweight person buying junk food and immediately judges them?

Why do credit card, insurance etc. companies advertise that they are "green" and "friends of the environment"when they're spending money on sending dead trees through the mail that are just going to get thrown away and end up in a landfill?

How come disposable diapers aren't recycleable yet? Paper is and so is plastic. Makes sense to me that they should be. (I guess I should stop tossing Sophie's in our big blue recycle bin...)

You know you're in trouble when eating out if a menu advertises its "light selections" as being 500 calories or less. Even those ones are going to have way too many carbs and far too much sodium to support a healthy diet.

Smelly cat, it really is your fault.

Irresponsible teenagers bug me almost as much as irresponsible/ridiculous parents of said irresponsible teenagers.

In other random randomness, I'd like to have us eating less meat and far fewer carbs. Why? We eat a lot more of both than we need. And it's spring, which to me screams EAT FRUIT AND VEGGIES! (I'm sure someone reading this is thinking "you stinkin' hippy. Take a shower")

...more to come in a post-lunch post.

No comments:

Post a Comment