April 27, 2011

NEED HELP!

Calling all moms!

This is embarrassing and I've been trying to deal with it on my own but all of the tips and advice I've found online aren't really helping. My skin is suuuuper dry. Like, ridiculously dry. Particularly my face and my scalp. I have dandruff. Really bad, embarrassing dandruff and no amount of medicated shampoo or deep moisturizing conditioners are helping. And my hair is falling out far more than ever before. I know that your hair falls out post-pregnancy but I can't even take a shower without clogging the drain so much the water won't empty. A 5 minute shower turns into a full bath. This is even if I comb my hair a lot before getting in.

Please help!! I'm not an unhygenic person but this is just gross. I'm tired of being worried about my hair falling out everywhere and even worse, having those nasty little flakes all over everything. What worked for you??

3 comments:

  1. Could be thyroid. Time to call a doctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grannypam is correct. Hypothyroidism runs in the family you know and pregnancy/postpartum can trigger changes in your thyroid levels. Time to get it checked. You might also try a hydrating mask for your hair, the kind that is left on for 20-30 minutes. And try not to brush your hair quite so much. You could be inadvertently making it worse. (And you could ask Erica what she recommends to her clients...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as your skin, my dermatologist recommends using either cetaphil or cerave facial cleanser and moisturizer. They are a little more expensive, but last a long time and can be found at Walmart. The cerave moisturizer even comes in a daytime formula with SPF and a lighter nighttime formula. I use them and they work great!

    Sorry about your hair...it happens to me for quite a while after I have a baby too. I run my fingers through my hair when I am shampooing and conditioning and put the loose hair on the shower wall and then clean it off after my shower. It is gross, but normal for a lot of women. Your body has just gone through a huge change! It took almost ten months to make that baby and it is going to take quite a while to get everything back to normal. Patience! It's hard I know! If you haven't got your thyroid checked lately, definitely something to get done very soon. You can also try washing your hair every-other-day to help with the dry scalp. If that doesn't work...buy some more white shirts. :-)

    ReplyDelete