March 4, 2011

Demotivated Friday

So it's been three weeks since I've posted. Give me a break- it has been a LONG three weeks. Between working with teenagers (what a mess sometimes) and just trying to keep up with the day-to-day, there just aren't enough hours.

Sophie has transitioned from her 0-3's to her 3's to 3-6's (dress to the left) and this very moment is wearing an outfit intended for a baby who is 6 months old... mainly because I'm just too darn tired to go upstairs and mess with the laundry and all of her clothes that fit now (albeit snuggly) are in the washer or dryer.  She is a tall little girl. She'll be 3 months young on Monday.  Wow.

Remember that time when I was pregnant and made those exceptionally long weekly goal lists each week? Remember when most of the time, they'd be completed? I wonder what happened. I am still working on my independent study class that I've had access to for 10 months. Yes, 10. I am still working on lesson 4 (of 18). For the last two weeks I have just been trying to finish a 1000 essay. An opinion essay. I don't know what my problem is. I have opinions. Just ask. Actually, don't. I'd probably end up offending.  I have until April 27th to complete the class. Think it's going to happen? At this rate, not likely. It's a whopping $20 to extend for 2 months, but I just don't want to do that. Grumble. I am 2 papers, a midterm and final away from having my expensive piece of paper. I'm having a really hard time caring.

In other news, I've had Sophie's baby book pages set up in the sewing/craft/guest room in the basement since the beginning of February. Guess how many pages are finished? 0. Guess how many have the journaling done? 0. Pictures attached? 0. At least I'm consistent, right?

In other other news, sometimes making life choices is hard. Who knew that part of this whole "agency" thing meant having to make some choices on our own? When the answer you get is, "sure, sounds good" to every option, you sort of feel a bit... lost? Trusted? Both? In any case, grandpa is right. Each one of the options in front of us will take us in very different directions, of course. None of them are bad choices, but I've been assuming that one would be the "best" choice. Grandpa shared with us that he's learned that sometimes there really isn't a "best" choice. Apparently part of this whole agency thing is actually making choices, moving forward and sticking with them. Go figure. If there is something truly wrong with a choice and we've been asking and living how we should, then of course we'll know.


See? I told you I had opinions.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah I get just about nothing done anymore. I'm always amazed at how much you get done. Making life choices are so hard and I don't know the answers and have a hard time knowing what the holy ghost is saying. You give me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are taking great care of my son and grandbaby AND you found time to bring me crabcakes when I broke my arm last week. I know it's not all you want but you do have priorities right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Sarah you are my MODEL for a super mom! I brag about you to all my friends! Chin up! You are doing more than GREAT! :D

    ReplyDelete