March 20, 2011

A Big Day!


I LOVE Saturdays! Especially non-competition Saturdays. Craig and I got to spend the whole day together resting, walking around furniture stores and going on various adventures together. Love it. We ended up at Ikea (of course) had some yummy lunch together and then wandered around. Ikea was running a special of sorts yesterday where if you ate at the cafe that amount would be deducted from any purchases from the main store. We were planning on looking at a bed for Sophie after a little lunch so that was a nice surprise.

We ended up getting Sophie a little toddler bed since she will not sleep in her pack & play or much in her swing anymore. She will, however, sleep quite soundly when we put her in the middle of our bed. She is currently snoozing very happily in her new bed.

On our way home from Ikea, we stopped at JoAnn Fabrics (after some casual conversation, Craig's idea. Yes, I do have the coolest husband.) Craig and I picked out some fabric to make some outfits for Sophie. The pattern that I wanted was sold out so I sort of made up my own. I even did some smocking for the very first time on the bodice. It needs some more little finishing details but it was cute on her anyway. (Sophie wore it to church today). Next time, I'll just buy a pattern. :)

7 comments:

  1. UGH! Look at you bein' all domestic and lucky ducky going to IKEA! I'm DYING for a new bedframe and new couch. arrgh. :) also yay for Sophie! What a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it in less than a day???? amazing. So cute....let's get together and sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to! Dress #2 pattern is made & fabric cut out. I'll post pictures of that one tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie's new bed and dress are so cute! And I have to agree that non-competition Saturdays are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cute dress!
    miss p has that same bed, hers is in white. we love it and ikea too!
    ps this is actually traci!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! love that dress. you're so talented, sarah!

    ReplyDelete