August 2, 2014

A New List

In the last couple weeks, I've been trying to get into a routine that fits my personality and gets the "daily musts" done. I have a list of 9 things (empty trash in bathrooms & diaper can, collect & run a load of laundry, school time, read a book with girls, exercise for at least 5 minutes, baby activity time,   wash the baby dishes, run & empty the dishwasher, spend some quiet time reading scriptures or the ensign) but during my early morning baby feedibg, I read an article in the ensign about the importance of journaling. So, another item is now added to my list!


I love having my list and get a lot of satisfaction out of accomplishing the things on my list every day. I'm able to get almost everything done by the time the big girls are done with breakfast, too, which then gives me the sense of freedom my anxiety-girl self needs to enjoy the day. That 10th item that was added this morning as a result of my private reading time- journaling- sort of stressed me out a bit. With the time demands with caring for twin newborns, 2 & 3 year old big girls, I kind of felt trapped. I rarely even pull out my laptop anymore unless I'm doing a specific project or paying bills. I do, however, seem to spend a good chunk of time on my phone keeping in contact with friends who've moved or work long hours, reading articles, sending emails for work etc. while I'm feeding the babies. A comment by elder Uchtdorf regarding the good in technology gave me an "ah ha!" moment and a clear idea of a way for me to be able to keep my own version of a journal without having to change my habits: use one feeding time a day to type a few lines- using my accessible phone!- in my "journal." I'm glad I got going on my list and read that this morning, early as it was, and got that little prompting/nudge and a way to follow through without having to "run faster."

No comments:

Post a Comment