July 25, 2011

Politics again

Read/listened to or watched Obama's latest speech? I have a couple bones to pick... 

  • Telling a large amount of the country they're being dumb -whether you agree with them at all or not- is not exactly a way to get support and solve problems
  • If I have to carry a balanced budget in my own life, I damn well expect the government to do the same thing. Don't come crying to me because someone else is being irresponsible and spending more than they have. I have ZERO desire to "bail out" people who are being incredibly irresponsible financially. I am doing everything I can to get out of good debt (education, modest car, modest home) and I expect the same thing of our governing bodies. 
  • Obama wants more tax revenue to come in. If everyone else wants to pay more taxes, fine, but don't ask me for anymore than I'm already paying. I have so much taken out of my paychecks I barely have anything left. I am not working as hard as I am to fund the governments' ridiculous spending. 
  • If you're going to tax the "wealthy" make sure it is the same proportional rate as the "poor." Do NOT penalize people because they have worked hard, gotten an education, made something of themselves and BEEN RESPONSIBLE WITH THEIR SPENDING! 
In case you haven't fully understood my opinion on this topic, feel free to leave me a comment. I'd be happy to further explain. For now, I need to go cool off. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! This is Marlyssa, from Renton. Do you remember me? Anyways, I found your blog link on your Facebook page one day and enjoy reading it. After this last post though I had to respond! I believe 100% with you on all of the pouts you make. In fact, I just made a comment the other day that I must maintain a budget and the government should be no different. In any case, I can see why we were friends!

    Also I want to congratulate you on your baby girl. She is gorgeous! And say hi sometime if you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlyssa!!

    Of COURSE I remember you! You were my very first best friend! Are you still in Washington? I'm going to be bringing my daughter, Sophie, to Seattle to meet/visit her great-grandma and great-grandpa early next month. I would absolutely LOVE to see you if you might be around. I hope all is well with you!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!

    It is great to hear from you! I am still in Washington, living just outside of Seattle and working in Kent. I would love to see you when you come here next month! I will definitely be around so that would be awesome :) Do you know yet when you get in and how long you will be here? I am pretty flexible...and will be extra flexible to make it work. It's been so long! And I would love to meet Sophie, too! If you prefer, my email is marlyssa@gmail.com, and I can give you my cell number too. Hope you are doing well and I can't wait to talk further!

    Marlyssa

    ReplyDelete