December 5, 2010

Another Sunday

It's another Sunday night. I usually have something exciting to report on or a story to tell or pictures of something exciting the share on Sunday. I suppose I have a couple fun little things! Last night Craig and I had a chocolate fest in the kitchen. At one point, grandpa came out and just stared in astonishment at the amount of chocolate, sugar, crushed toppings etc. on the counter. The look was priceless. Craig will be posting about that later. (By the way, the name of my blog had to change before he would even consider posting here, in case you were wondering about the name change.)

Today, I played with my new toy and Christmas present from Craig. He gave me a fabulous Cricut and I have been thoroughly enjoying it! Yes, I know what you're thinking. "That's not fair! It's not Christmas!" BUT it has been helping keep me occupied and happily creating fun little tags and projects for Christmas. It's getting some good use. Today I made tags to go on the treat plates we're going to be taking to the neighbors tomorrow during our FHE.

Grandpa went to get the mail yesterday and came back home with a large bag of apples. He explained that the neighborhood gift exchange had begun. I was planning on making small loaves of pumpkin bread (mmmm I love pumpkin bread!) and wrapping them in some festive Christmas fabric but a very kind, loving husband of mine didn't realize that when he used 5 eggs to make french toast for brunch today he had made it impossible for me to make the bread. (I was then short 5 eggs.)  Instead, we made several dozen muffins from scratch (banana nut, apple oat & apple cinnamon). I will be buying more bananas tomorrow. I forgot how yummy & satisfying a warm, homemade b-nut muffin is!

Because I'm pretty certain (ha- don't get too excited) we're going to have a baby this week, I wanted to take Erin, Grant, Bryan, Andrew, David & Craig's family their Christmas presents today. Being that we're still in school, our budget wasn't big but I was excited about the thought and effort that had gone into the gifts. Andrew James was soo stinking fun to watch! He got so excited about opening his present and then playing with it (we got him and David an art easel and chalk to share). Bryan got a giant bag of something that "doesn't taste bad." Can't beat that! Erin & Grant were very generous and gave Craig a new tool which is going to help him successfully finish his project that is due this week. Our little baby now has sheets for her sleeper and I have a way to both make a mess (an accessory for my new Cricut) and organize it!



For Craig's parents, we put together a wedding book with TONS of pictures- something his mom has been requesting for a while. (We didn't even get them until just a few months ago!!) With our chocolate party last night, we also put together some tins of peppermint bark and assorted truffles for his brother, Kirk, and his parents. We may have sampled a few while we were making them- Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment