January 22, 2011

Sophie is 6 Weeks Young!


Can you believe it? It has been 6 weeks since miss Sophie Brooke joined our family! As of her 6 week check up, she is has grown from 7 pounds 12 ounces to 9 pounds 6 ounces and 22 inches long. (Basically she is tall and skinny. We'll see if this trend continues...) Sophie currently has strawberry blonde hair and when you take her out in the sunlight, it is a very pretty shade of red.
When I told Craig it was his turn to post about Sophie, he said, "Sophie is cute and snuggly and fluffy and has a bum and toots and burps and poops and sleeps and eats and cries. Don't write any of that, please." I'm sure I'll be in trouble for including that. He is a very good daddy who obviously loves his little girl very much. She loves it when he reads her stories and sings her songs before bed at night. Craig doesn't understand baby shoes but he does appreciate a good pair of tights with a "ruffle bum." Headbands are starting to make a little bit of sense to him. A little.

Sophie loves her daddy, putting on pretty dresses & accessories, visiting Aunt Erin, Uncles Grant & Bryan and the cousins, snuggles and movies in bed with mommy & daddy and playing with Grandpa Merrill.  Sophie misses her grandma and grandpa and Uncles Andrew & Jeb-eye (Jeffrey) in Connecticut.



Yesterday Sophie went to Walmart with Grandpa Merrill & I. She and grandpa stayed in the car to eat & play. When I came back out of the store, she was sleeping with a happy little smile on her face holding grandpa's finger.

My sister, Erin, took these pictures of Sophie on Thursday afternoon. I asked her if she's planning on doing this professionally (or even semi-professionally) but she says not yet. If/when she decides to, I'll be sure to share her information with you. She took our engagement pictures and does fantastic work with babies & children- as you can see here! Erin- you need a website!





Here are a couple more of my favorites. There were SO many good ones it's hard to pick just a few to post!

P.S to answer a question already asked, yes, I made the headbands. When we were in Connecticut, I tried putting the flower one on Sophie to wear to church and dad kept telling me she didn't like it and it looked silly. I think they're cute for pictures. :)

2 comments:

  1. She is a beautiful baby. I'm glad you can see her long fingers (for piano playing?) in the pictures. Don't get excited about Craig's lack of verbage in the writing department. That's just him: precise and concise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur sister did a great job on the pictures and can't believe how much the baby is growing up! she is so cute and should have many hair accessories!

    ReplyDelete