January 22, 2011

Just Another Grandpa Funny

Tonight, on my very first try, I successfully made some delicious crab cakes from scratch. (Thanks for the recipe, mom!) Grandpa Merrill really enjoyed them- he ate an entire cake. Considering his appetite hasn't been too big lately, this is a good thing. As we were sitting at the table, Grandpa asked if the crabmeat I used was real. Yes, it was real. Then he asked if the crabmeat was fresh or frozen. Psh, like I'd make crabcakes with previously frozen seafood. I assured him that it was fresh. When he inquired further about how I knew, I was getting ready to tell him what I'd read about texture and the ability of fresh crab to flake when he stopped me. "Ooh, I know how you can tell. It was spelled with a "C" instead of a "K." Nope, no Krabby Patties in my meal! Maybe you just had to be at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment