February 19, 2012

Thank you, Pinterest!

Believe it or not, that silly little site has actually motivated me to do some productive things! Just Friday I saw a simple idea for a small "emergency box" for the car. The example kit had a mini water bottle, a couple snacks, a pack of gum, wipes and a plastic trash bag. It was also covered in fabric scraps. I don't think my bucket would take kindly to a glue gun. We all know there are things you should keep in your car all the time such as jumper cables, at least one blanket and an emergency bite of chocolate but this goes beyond that. I put one of my own together with things that I would need in the car, that I normally have in the car (or diaper bag) but would be less than good to not have when needed. Here is what I put in my kit:


  • An empty, washed dish detergent plastic bucket with a snap lid
  • 2 juice boxes
  • 1 water bottle
  • 1 small towel
  • 2 diapers
  • 3 packs of fruit snacks
  • 4 high-protein granola bars
  • 3 grocery/trash bags
  • 3 lady items
  • A pack of clear hair bands
  • Tylenol
  • Lotion
  • Pen
  • Notebook
  • The black thing with glow tape is my car first aid kit. I just brought it in to check it. 
Items to add later: 
  • Emergency cash
  • The mini important information book that hasn't been finished yet
  • An old, non-contracted, fully charged cell phone for emergency calls





It all fits and the lid snaps on nicely! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Think I should do one of these myself, but add more chocolate. Oh, and by the way, as Sophie gets older, you may want to check the fruit snack supply frequently. I had the hardest time keeping emergency snacks in the car. Seems one or more of my children thought any time was emergency snack time! Wonder who it was? One of the mysteries of life, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Andrew would be able to find you a plastic container of some kind that would fit well in that amazing deep trunk of yours. I like the idea of plastic over something like a box because it can take more beating and if something spills or melts inside of it, it won't get all over the car.

      Oh, and I can tell you I know EXACTLY who kept eating your M&Ms after church. I thought the goldfish were free game since the bag was open. Actually, I think I might still think that about open packages. Hmm.

      Delete