January 2, 2012

I think I'm a little excited now!

I haven't really said much about this to many people but I'm getting really excited now! Less than 24 hours from now, Craig and I will be on our way to ... HAWAII! We're finally going on a honeymoon (2+ years later but does that really matter?) and we will be spending about 2 weeks exploring as many of the fabulous places as possible that Craig saw as a missionary there 5 years ago, as well as doing a whole bunch of things he couldn't. Things like boat rides, swimming, enjoying the gorgeous beaches, snuba swimming/diving and generally being lazy together.

I tend to get really excited about things -think an 8 year old in early December- and then really impatient waiting for the event to come. Since we bought our main flight tickets nearly a year ago I'm sure you can only imagine how nutso I might have been trying to keep my excitement contained. (By the way, you get AMAZING prices buying that far in advance. Cheaper than flying two people to CT and back.) I didn't make a google countdown until 3 months ago but it was at the bottom of my countdowns. First was "Our Anniversary," then "Sophie's First Birthday," then "Last Day of Classes," then "Christmas," then "Bowl Game," then "New Years" and then finally, the last was "HAWAII!!" I got back from the bowl game early Saturday morning so that countdown was deleted and yesterday, I deleted the New Years one. What does this mean?!? I CAN FINALLY BE EXCITED!

Does this all sound a little crazy to you, too? Well, I do what I can do. I'm also happy to report that the house deep cleaning which started a couple weeks ago is nearly done, we have all but two or three minor things packed that we'll be taking, have our house & Sophie-sitters arranged and just need to finish a bit of laundry. Off we go to finish the laundry! :D

1 comment: