July 13, 2010

Surprise!!

Surprise! Craig and I are expecting an addition to our little family this winter! While it might seem like we've been sneaky keeping this a secret from everyone for the past 20 weeks...we have been.  With this little one being my first, I've been a bit apprehensive about things. Compliments of the reading I've been doing, I have learned about all sorts of things to be concerned about. Neural tube defects, missing limbs, partial heart development, missing brain sections, club feet... you name it, I'm sure I've read about it. As a result, I've been hesitant to make a mass announcement, just in case.
     However, this morning Craig and I went for my 20 week ultrasound and all is well! Our sweet little baby has fingers, toes, arms, legs, a darling behind and a very cute little head! As the really nice ultrasound lady was going around doing all of the medical checks (routine before finding out gender), Craig and I noticed a little something by our little ones' legs. Or, I should say a "lack of" a little something. That's right! We're having a baby girl! We're still talking about names, but for some strange reason, it feels so much more "real" now that I have pictures to back up what I've been feeling.
Stay tuned- many more posts specific to the pregnant life and continuing development of our little "sweet pea" to come!

8 comments:

  1. Sweat Pea Peterson...that's a nice name! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh exciting!!!! congrats ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it!!! I could tell by the picture of you holding your sister's dress. Please take prego pictures! I want to see your lovely growing belly. I pray none of your fears come true. Although I do understand them. Thanks to my child development course, and I now have irrational fears of never being able to get pregnant, or if I do get pregnant, I'll never make it to full term. I'll just pray everyday that none of that happens to my theoretical child (or your real one). :) Love you, and congrats!

    P.S. Totally thought it was necessary to write what could have been a facebook message in your comments section ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Elizabeth!! -And I'm glad you posted here. It's fun having the comments here to look back on later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust me, that cute "little" head won't feel so little 4 months from now :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sarah! I'm so excited for you guys and have had fun reading your blog tonight! I hope you plan on bringing your sweet little princess out this way for a baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If all the stars align (meaning, my family's schedule working with my fall schedule) I'll be back for a visit around the time Andrew is baptized in early October. I'm also hoping to bring our little one home for a visit in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Sarah! I'm so excited for you and Craig! Your going to be a great Mom and you will have such a beautiful baby girl!

    P.S. This is Erica Robinson :)

    ReplyDelete